5 amazing strategies to grow a positive mindset
Are you feeling unhappy or a lack of joy thinking of everything you have to do on a daily basis? I get it – I’m literally living the busiest of life with two little ones while working full time (AND part-time blogging). It’s a lot. But what you don’t happening is for your joy of living life to go away or simply be nonexistent. The best way to overcome this is working on building a positive mindset. You have to start there first before anything else.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of these resources may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something, I may earn a commission. There is no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support.
One way to feel less stressed and more joyful with your everyday hustle is to focus on shifting to a growth and positive mindset.
Trust me, when there is more focus on the way you think and approach the different situations and circumstances of your life, you begin to notice a difference in your attitude. You are then able to use tools and strategies to keep you feeling happy despite the craziness of your schedule.
Below I share 5 strategies/ ways that you can build up a powerful, strong and positive mindset as you are navigating the world of motherhood while working a job/ career. When I began implementing these different strategies REGULARLY into my schedule, I noticed a difference right away.
check out my other top blog posts:
How are you feeling right now?
I try to always look at the positive of my current circumstance and spend my energy working towards the dream life rather than hating my current life. If we are negative and wake up angry, that same energy will continue to manifest itself in our daily and weekly lives.
Note: shifting your mindset does NOT take away from the everyday struggles of managing your different responsibilities. You will still have that. Your baby will still go through growth spurts that keep you up at night. Your toddler will still tantrum every time you are not holding them.
HOWEVER, when you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, when you can understand the why behind it all, you are THEN able to be more patient, loving and embrace the journey you are walking.
Top 5 Strategies for Mindset Building
Here are 5 strategies for you to try out so that you can start or continue to build a positive mindset while working through your different, busy responsibilities.
- Change your language from “I have to” to “I get to.” When you make this simple change, you begin to appreciate even the hard moments of motherhood as a working parent. The language shift allows us to see struggles as a learning opportunity.
- Listen to affirmations (or/and recite them to yourself). This is something you can do for 2 minutes or 10 minutes, totally depends on you and your time. You can find simple affirmation videos on YouTube or online. I love reciting an affirmation each day to remind myself of everything I am doing and why I am doing it.
- Define what gives you purpose. This will take time and work. One of my best methods for working through this is creating a vision board. Our purpose may have elements that change here and there. However, when you know your greater purpose in life, then you understand all that goes into play to get you to that point. You could also journal and respond to different goals and vision writing prompts.
- Create and write in a gratitude notebook daily. A gratitude notebook allows you to start your day with appreciation. You will notice that many of these steps are about appreciation for the beautiful, the nice, the not so nice and the ugly moments. Everything has its purpose. All you need to do for this exercise and get yourself a gratitude journal and take 2-3 minutes each morning to write 1-2 things that you are grateful for.
- Read or listen to self development books. This has been completely life changing for me. When you work on building up yourself, your goals and mission, then you show up for the people around you that much more energetic and joyful. Motherhood is a crazy ride, and you are often left wondering who you are after having kids. Dig deep and understand more about you!
Choosing to build a positive mindset is a form of self-care.
You are caring for YOURSELF long term to feel fulfilled and happy. The worst thing will be walking a life you are not joyful living in. You can pretend you are but if you don’t put in the work to ACTUALLY love and enjoy it, then you will go to bed unhappy.
I challenge you to try 2-3 of these strategies out and give them a FAIR shot. I mean, do NOT try it for a day or 2 and then stop. You need to try it out for 2-3 weeks so that you can truly see the magic of mindset building. A tip is to find yourself an accountability partner who will hold you true to your word.
Go ahead and give this post a like and comment. I’d love to hear what you are working on to build a positive mindset.