Ep. 17: How to Let Go of Perfection with Work from Home Mom Sarah DeWitt
Introduction – Sarah DeWitt
In this episode of the podcast, Nelly introduces Sarah, a licensed financial consultant, and work-from-home mom of three who shares her experience and insights on balancing work and family life.
Sarah is a busy mom to twin boys (5) and a daughter (4), and her husband is a pastor. She manages to run her financial consulting business while still taking care of the household.
How her work schedule looks and works
Sarah discusses her day-to-day schedule as a business owner, including flexible work hours and time blocking. She shares that she prefers to work in the morning when the boys are at school, but also balances family activities like her kids’ t-ball games in the evenings.
Sarah emphasizes that there are days where nothing gets done, but that it’s important to adjust and pivot when things don’t go according to plan.
Nelly and Sarah discuss the importance of mindset, particularly when starting the day. Sarah shares that time blocking has been an effective tool to manage her busy schedule, but also acknowledges that it’s okay to deviate from the schedule if needed. She encourages listeners to not let the beginning of the day determine the rest of it and to keep trying.
A licensed financial consultant
Sarah shares her experience as a licensed financial consultant and founder of the People Helping People Agency, which focuses on fiduciary services, life insurance, and helping people plan for their financial future.
She previously worked as an ESL online teacher but decided to start her own business to have more control over her schedule and help others.
To conclude: one piece of advice
The episode ends with Sarah’s advice for working moms to let go of the concept of not having enough time for everything, which can cause undue stress. She encourages listeners to prioritize what’s important and let go of the rest.
Tune in to hear more about Sarah’s experience and insights on balancing work and family life as a work-from-home mom and licensed financial consultant. Her positive attitude and willingness to adjust and pivot will inspire listeners to do the same.
You can find her @bluntredheadmom over on Instagram, TikTok and Facebook
Here is the link to her website!
Podcast episode time:
- 1:15 – introduction from Nelly, who Sarah is and having a guest to share from the perspective of working mom
- 2:00 – For Sarah: share who you are, how many kids you have and what you do for work
- 4:00 – Nelly responds that she will have to bring to the podcast WFH dad at some point
- 4:30 – For Sarah: share how the day to day of being a business owner looks like for you
- 7:00 – Nelly agrees and shares the importance of being flexible
- 8:15 – For Sarah: time blocking, share more about what is working well and what is not going so well
- 10:45 – Nelly reiterates the importance of a strong morning start, and the mindset work beginning right then and there
- 11:30 – For Sarah: share more about what you do with regards to financial consulting
- 15:30 – For Sarah: one last takeaway, piece of advice to share with working moms
- Episode 16. Fitness, Mindset & Self-Love: An Inspiring Chat with a Mom of Two Stefanie Will
- Episode 15. The problem with living in survival mode
- Episode 14. The Third Step in Self-Defining Balance: Accept Support
Let me know, what did you think of today’s episode!??? Share it below!