How to make the most out of your weekend as a working mom with kids
What can you do during the weekend if you are a working mom with kids?
- Spend time with my kids / family.
- Get some major cleaning, meal prepping, and planning done.
- Relax, me time. This includes working on my blog biz and sending my weekly newsletter.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of these resources may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something, I may earn a commission. There is no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!
But what about seeing people?
Okay, so time is truly tight and precious during the weekends, especially as a mom who works full-time during the week. So if I am going to see family and/or friends, I try to incorporate that every other week or 3 weeks. I have a very close family that loves to hang out.
Another way to add in seeing others is inviting them over or setting up a kids play date where you can all meet up. Those are all super fun to organize and do with the people you love. This can shift depending on your work hours or how much time you have available.
Check out my other blog posts too:
Part 1 – Here are some different ways to spend some good quality time with the family:
- Going for a walk around the neighborhood
- Going to the local park
- Movie and cuddles. Here you can pick his/her favorite movie and hang out together.
- Child led play by your kids (they get to pick what you do). My son takes me to his playroom so I can play with his toy school bus. He also loves to just play hide and seek so he will start running to go hide so I can find him.
- Baking together. This is such a great way to connect with your child: Check out some of my favorite baking recipes here.
- Sightseeing road trip. This is nice to get your kids seeing the outdoors AND helps facilitate that beautiful nap time. You can literally put everyone in the car and drive by some areas that have a beautiful view.
Part 2 – Here are some ways I organize planning and prepping during the weekends:
- During the kids Naptime, my partner and I will do the weekly planning and see what all needs to get done in the house. Here is my FREE mom planner that you could download and use.
- Meal prep usually happens on Sunday afternoon after the we go grocery shopping or get the groceries delivered to the house. Here are 28 meal ideas with 7 direct dinner links for FREE!
- Cleaning is broken down into both days. With having to clean up the whole house but still wanting to spend time with the kids, I need to break it down this way. I will usually clean during the morning time (it’s when I have the most momentum). I incorporate my son where he can help such as picking up his room, “folding” laundry (he tries) and vacuuming. Here is both a FREE cleaning schedule and list to help you!
Part 3 – This is how I set up time to relax and work on my passion:
- Hanging out with my kids is a form of relaxation from the workload of things.
- I still wake up early on the weekends and on Sunday I do an hour or so of blogging. Saturdays I do no blogging (workday off even from blogging).
- With spare morning time, I drink my coffee and listen to my favorite podcast.
- At night, I’ll do some journaling or reading, it’s also when I do my social media marketing for the blog.
The weekend goes by quickly!
The weekend goes by so quickly – seriously. Now with all the adult responsibilities plus trying to have something that is just for me, time seems so limited. What I am trying to be intentional about is spending quality time with my kids. They are both young and I don’t want to miss out on their growth and learning. That is why I keep my Saturdays sacred and special for them. Don’t get me wrong – it’s hard for me at times – but I try and hold myself accountable.
>>> What are your weekends currently looking like? Any adjustments you want to / need to make?
Go ahead and share below, I love reading your comments.
Follow my blog for more working mom content.