Today I share a quick but necessary episode all about holistic wellness (big picture) and how it directly connects with work life balance. This is what it meant by saying wellness and what work life balance truly feels/looks like for us as working moms.
Holistic wellness involves caring for all parts of us in mind, body and soul. I encourage moms to think of the feelings that directly enter their lives when they do things to foster more care time. Then I want you to think of balance as something that is interconnected to your feelings when managing all your responsibilities. It is not splitting your time evenly amongst x,y,z tasks – but rather finding harmony through it all.
In today’s episode, I share more on my perspective and experience with applying daily wellness practices into my life.
Here are some main points that you will hear about:
- 1:05 – What is holistic wellness in a nutshell
- 2:10 – Why it matters for us working moms
- 3:10 – What is work life balance for working moms
- 3:40 – My struggles with imbalance as an ambitious mama
- 5:15 – Example with my son (what happens when I don’t give myself my me time)
- 6:15 – Communicate with your support team
- 6:30 – Overview: work life balance is internal and requires us to take care of ourselves
- 7:00 – Showing what we preach to our kids
- 7:30 – Take care of YOU
- 8:00 – Mama Inner Balance Lounge + Masterclass
- 8:45 – Conclusion – the benefits of taking care of ourselves
Work life balance is an internal practice vs. external (how we are used to thinking about it). So, think about it, when we take care of ourselves our mood and energy shifts. In return, the people around us get the best version of us. We then begin to feel more joy living and doing the things we do on the day to day. That is our balance!
If you want easy access to a library of mindfulness exercises and activities (including meditations, journals, planners, vision boards, affirmations, goal setting trackers) then join the waitlist to my $7/month inner balance lounge membership!
Not only will you have a library of resources, but you will gain access to a private Facebook group with monthly challenges and workbooks (and the community to hold you accountable). Click here to be added onto the waitlist.
Check out more episodes from the podcast:
- Episode #17 – Letting Go of Perfection with Sarah DeWitt, work from home mom of 3
- Episode #19 – The Realities of Running a Business and Being a Mom with Sacha Priolo
- Episode #28 – Balancing Motherhood, Career and Entrepreneurship with Daniela Procopio