Author: Nelly Alba
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of these resources may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something, I may earn a commission. There is no extra cost to you.
Daily Routine of a Baby
Having strong, well thought out routines for both you and your kids makes a world of a difference as a working mom. There is so much to juggle and what seems like so little time. By being consistent with your morning and evening routines, the headaches become less and less. You are also able to predict what comes next in your day.
GO CHECK OUT SOME OF MY OTHER TOP POST:
- 12 Tips Towards Achieving Balance As A Working Mom – Working Mom Balanced Blog 12 Tips Towards Achieving Balance As A Working Mom
Below I list out 8 essential must haves that have really helped me in fostering a strong routine for myself with a 4-month-old (and 1 year old). These items have helped us all with sleep, distractions and entertainment for the kids. Check out my actual morning routine here.
Here are 8 items that I use religiously (through the night in preparation for the morning and during my morning routine to get ready) for my kids. I have also added a link to the items I love the most. I do not share anything I have not used or wanted to use based off of positive reviews.
8 Must Haves
1. Humidifier – This has been so helpful with our kids especially when they are not feeling well. We keep one both in our room and their room. There are a ton of options but try this out especially if you are looking for ways to improve their sleep, and in turn, your sleep.
2. Sound machine – this is a MUST in our home. We used a sound machine with both babies, and it really helps cue them for bed. When they have a good sleep then, mama can have a MUCH better morning.
3. Bassinet halo – this has been the bassinet used for my little girl. It has been game-changing for me. The one I used with my son was terrible and I swore I would keep him up all night. This one allows for better sleep quality, and I still have her nearby. Again, better sleep = better morning. I share another bassinet I wanted to get too.
4. Swing – Now, little ones don’t have the perfect sleep schedule. And once they do have the hang of it, another sleep regression kicks in. So as moms, we do what we can. If sleep just isn’t happening and your little one is up with you, it’s important to have activities/ items that will entertain and distract them while you get ready for work.
My daughter loves this swing! It makes it easy to put her down while I make my work bags or tidy up the living room. There are a ton of different swings (kids can be particular) – try it out and see if it works for you.
5. Bath tub – Bath time is in the morning for us since I get home after 7:30pm. You can easily do this in the evening instead of the morning (which could help with sleep and setting up their nighttime routine). However, in the mornings my daughter gets her bath and prepares for the day. After bath, she takes a bottle and is less fussy. Then I am able to get more done as I prepare to head off to work.
6. Rocker – Okay, so this rocker is super helpful when my daughter wakes up before expected and I still need to either cook or do the dishes. This way I keep her near me, can talk to her and still engage. Kids love attention and this is one way to keep them near while still doing other tasks.
7. Sleepsack Blanket & Swaddle – Back to sleep quality! My daughter LOVES sleeping in her sleep sack blanket. When younger, she enjoyed the swaddle one too. Putting this on can be a part of your nighttime routine and can cue your child that bedtime is nearing. It also supports them in having a good quality sleep.
- HALO SleepSack Wearable Blanket, 100% Cotton, Cream, Small – Walmart.com ($27)
- Halo Innovations Sleepsack Micro-fleece Swaddle Wrap : Target (29.99)
8. Play mat – Since I work in the day, I like to set up a time in the morning to spend some time with both my kids individually. One of the best activities is putting her on a playmat and interacting with her. This is where she has practiced tummy time and hung out with her brother too. Incorporating something like this will help you in having so time with your kids before you head off to work.
You should try a few different gadgets and see what your child is into. Every kid is different and will have different feelings towards different objects and activities. However, having some handy objects/ activities for better sleep and distraction will help you feel less crazy during the morning hustle before work.
Is there anything you have tried? Want to try?
Is there anything your kids DO NOT like?
Please share your thoughts below!