3 Easy Lunch Meals for the Family
Author: Nelly Alba
Just a few months ago I would get text messages from my partner asking me what’s for lunch and dinner today? And I was going crazy trying to come up with different lunch meals for the family while still pleasing my picky little now one year old. It was also stressful coming up with meals the same day I had to make it.
I learned to both make my list of meals on the weekends and make sure there are an array of different offerings for EVERYONE! Oh, how much less stressed I was after I began continuously planning our everyday meals (and this was also a lot cheaper than take out). Below I share three lunch meals that are super easy to prepare. I prepare all my day’s meals during the morning time since I work the evening hours and get home late.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of these resources may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something, I may earn a commission. It is no extra cost to you.
GO CHECK OUT SOME OF MY OTHER TOP POST:
- 12 Tips Towards Achieving Balance As A Working Mom – Working Mom Balanced Blog 12 Tips Towards Achieving Balance As A Working Mom
1. Quesadilla Tuna Melt
I LOVE making this! I know that tuna is not everyone’s favorite food, but you can alternatively use chicken salad. It is super quick and leaves you feeling full. It is the perfect meal to take to work and/or eat on the way to work (if you go in mid-day like me). Go check out one of my easy tuna melt recipe. Below is another way to season it, too.
- Flour Tortilla 8′
- Canned Tuna
- Seasoning for tuna: chives, paprika, adobo, cumin, salt & pepper
- Daiya Mexican Cheeze (dairy free)
- Dressing: mayo & hot sauce
- Make the tuna mix. I add just a dash of each one of those seasonings. Season to taste.
- Fill up the tortilla with tuna mixture and sprinkle some cheese inside
- Fold the tortilla in half and put it in the foreman grill
- Cut up some lettuce to put on the side
- For the dressing just mix the mayo and hot sauce
2. Toast with eggs, sausage and avocado.
This is a meal that could also be served for breakfast. We don’t like super heavy breakfast meals, so this tends to be the perfect lunch before I head off to work. And I can still drink my coffee with this. I would also add a salad on the side! It does not disappoint. It’s easy to make and you can swap out ingredients for different ones such as bacon instead of sausage. It will depend on how your kid(s) and partner like it. Same with the eggs!
- Whole grain bread (or bread of choosing)
- Two-Three Eggs
- Sausage links (4 mini cut up)
- Ripe small avocado
- Olive oil
- One Lime
- Butter of choice
- Take your bread and put it in the toaster
- Add some butter onto the toast
- Cut up the sausage links
- Add some olive oil to your pan and once it is hot, add the sausage links
- Once the sausage link is brown, add your eggs
- Add a dash of salt and pepper to the eggs cooking
- Cut up avocado (add some salt & bit of lime)
- Put it all together
3. Banana Oats Smoothie
My son loves this! I added an extra banana on the side for him too. You can also add 1/2 cup of a protein powder of choice if you are looking to increase the protein in this smoothie. It’s quick and super delicious!
- 1 frozen banana (if not frozen, add some ice)
- 1/4 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (or preferred milk)
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of flax seeds
* you can also add a 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract *
- Add all ingredients into the blender!
- You want to add the bananas first (makes a difference, trust me!)
- Adjust as needed 🙂
Try these recipes out. They really are delicious meals for the whole family. Plus, there are many ways to add alternatives based on the different likes and dislikes of everyone.
Will you give any of these a try?
Let me know below which recipe you would like to try.